IELTS Reading Practice – Sample 9 (GT)
Dress Code Policy
Answer these questions on the passage below.
Then, scroll down to the bottom of the page for the answers.
Complete the sentences below.
Choose NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS from
the text for each answer.
1. Which company staff are bound by this dress code policy?
2. What is it compulsory for men to wear when working with clients?
3. What type of footwear must women employees wear?
4. The policy does not apply to
clothing related to what?
5. What is it against company policy to have visible to customers?
6. What type of body adornment is
7. What is the ultimate penalty for disobeying the rules?
Dress code policy
The Dovecote Chartered Accountants dress
code policy is designed to help us all provide a consistent professional
appearance to our customers and colleagues. Our appearance reflects on
ourselves and the company. The goal is to be sure that we maintain a positive
appearance and do not offend customers, clients, or colleagues.
Who does this policy apply to?
The Dovecote Chartered
Accountants dress code policy applies to all office staff. Maintenance and
cleaning staff should see the separate policy relating to their dress code.
Dovecote Accountants Dress Code
- Employees are expected to dress in business attire during
- Male staff must wear a shirt, tie, jacket and
dress shoes. When working out of sight of customers, male staff are permitted
to remove their jacket.
- Female staff must wear a dress, skirt or trouser
suit with closed-toe shoes.
- Clothing dictated by religious belief is exempt.
- Shorts and skirts and dresses above the knee are
- Employees must always present a clean,
professional appearance. Everyone is expected to be well-groomed and wear
clean, pressed clothing.
- Tattoos must be covered when working with
piercings, apart from earrings, are not permitted.
Dress Code Violations:
Managers are expected to inform
employees when they are violating the dress code. Employees in violation are
expected to immediately correct the issue. This may include having to leave
work to change clothes.
Repeated violations may result in
disciplinary action being taken up to and including termination of employment.
Scroll down for the answers.
1. office staff
2. (a) jacket
3. closed-toe shoes
4. religious belief
7. termination of employment
To learn How to Answer Short Answer Questions, click this link.
More IELTS Reading Practice Samples
To see the full list of practice samples, click this link:
à IELTS Reading Samples ß
Back To Top